Catégorie: General Message
Sujet: Part-Time Student Internship - CPSA Secretariat – Communications
PART-TIME STUDENT INTERNSHIP
CPSA Secretariat - Communications
October 31, 2017
The Canadian Political Science Association in currently recruiting a graduate or undergraduate political science student who is eager to gain valuable knowledge about the organization and academic life of our extended network of political science departments and practical experience in connecting with the Canadian political science community through social media.
- The successful candidate will work as part of the CPSA Secretariat team under the guidance of the Association’s Communications Officer and Executive Director.
- This is an unpaid student internship. The student will be granted a CPSA membership for 2018, which includes full access to POLCAN2 and the CJPS; the Association will also cover his/her registration to the 2018 CPSA Annual Conference, a ticket for the President’s Dinner, and 2018 conference travel and accommodation expenses.
- This position is approximately 6 hours a week - hours are flexible – and all tasks can be done virtually (e.g., via email, skype, conference call, etc.) and remotely (e.g., at the student’s home, university, etc.).
- The part-time student internship will start in January 2018 and end in June 2018.
- Undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a political science program in a Canadian university.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Conduct research to support communications activities of the CPSA.
- Summarize CPSA activities using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogs, Instagram, etc.).
- Assist the CPSA Communications Officer in monitoring the Association’s social media pages.
- Contact and connect with CPSA individual and institutional members and public organizations.
- Collect academic information from departments and pictures, videos and other material from colleagues for social media use and promotion on blogs.
- Hold a weekly work session meeting with the CPSA Communications Officer and / or the Executive Director.
- Bilingual (French and English / reading-writing-oral interaction).
- Strong judgement.
- Highly motivated.
- Detailed-oriented and personable.
- Dedicated, punctual and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and via email with the CPSA team.
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogs, Instagram, etc.).
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working in an office or virtual team.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your application with the title “PART-TIME STUDENT INTERNSHIP CPSA Secretariat – Communications” in the subject box by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on the closing date at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide:
- A cover letter and résumé in one document (pdf; docx), saved under the following format: Last name, Given name;
- Three references (full contact information), which should include your current supervisor and/or at least one political science professor from your department.