Category: Call for Papers
Subject: Call for Papers: CPSA 2021 - Global policing: How the transnational organization of violence generates political orders at home, abroad, and internationally
Call for Papers: CPSA 2021
Global policing: How the transnational organization of violence generates political orders at home, abroad, and internationally
This panel explores the transnational, international and global dimensions of policing. We are looking for papers that investigate the global making of policing and the role of policing in generating global order, in particular (but not limited to) the following topics:
- The role of policing in state formation, statebuilding and/or the international dimensions of ‘domestic’ policing
- Police power as a feature of global governance
- States' deployment of police abroad through e.g. police assistance programs, peace operations, counterinsurgency and counterterrorism missions.
- "Policebuilding" - the strengthening and reforming of police forces by outside interveners – during the colonial period and in contemporary interventions.
- The circulation of policing experience between donors, contributors and recipients
We would appreciate a preliminary indication of interest, followed by abstract submissions on or before January 25, 2021. Please send queries and correspondences to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.